Places available for the next intake: September 14th, 2013.
Interviews are taking place now. Dates:
Apply Online Now
Suitable for anyone interested in one or more of the following:
- Personal development work
- Pursuing counselling, psychotherapy or psychology as a career
- Developing counselling skills
- Increasing your employment opportunities in areas where
counselling skills are essential or an advantage
- Independent guidance to a career in psychotherapy
you are in transition, at a crossroads, or considering a
new career direction the GCS Foundation certificate course
(100 hours contact time) will help support you in gaining the
confidence to take the next step. The foundation is an access
course that prepares you for entry to further professional training.
This intensive programme runs over 8 weekends (Sat. & Sun.) monthly and provides the essential first step for a career in Counselling, Psychotherapy and Psychology in meeting the entry requirements
of the relevant recognised professional training programmes. A foundation course is an essential prerequisite for entry to IACP recognised courses and masters in counselling, psychotherapy
and counselling psychology programmes at the established
reputable universities in Ireland and UK. The GCS Foundation course
is accepted and highly regarded by the established Colleges and Institutes throughout Ireland for acceptance to professional
training programmes. Now in its 18th year, the GCS Foundation
course holds a solid reputation for offering a unique and exciting
independent foundation in providing a creative experiential
training approach facilitated by experienced and accredited psychotherapists and trainers.
"I would recommend this training to anyone who is interested
in self development, even if they do not wish to train as a
counsellor/therapist. It was a challenging, uplifting experience
and a wonderful opportunity to grow in understanding of self
and others" Paula Martin (now enrolled on a professional
psychotherapy training programme)
"This foundation course has been one of the most profoundly
transforming experiences of my life" Katharina
Contact with previous or present students can be arranged on request. To see where graduates proceed onto click here
Course Content Course Ethos
Person Centred Therapy
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
Advantages of enrolling on the GCS Foundation:
1. Weekend based with 100 hours tutor contact time (the minimum required for entry to IACP recognised professional training programmes).
2. High level of ongoing personal development work. Insufficient personal development is the commonest reason for failing to gain entry to professional training.
2. Minimum of four accredited and experienced facilitators.
3. Expert independent guidance regarding your suitability for this field and assistance to gain entry to the established professionally recognised courses with the highest standard of training. We have over 14yrs of feedback from students on their experience of the various training programmes available
5. Access to library books and web resources.
On completing the course you'll join previous participants in gaining entry to IACP recognised Diploma, BA, Masters or Doctorate programmes in counselling, psychotherapy, or psychology. Past students now work in universities, health boards, prisons, addiction centres, schools, paid voluntary centres and in private practice. Listen to the course director, Norman Warden, discussing the Foundation on Radio Connemara here
Entry Requirements A willingness to engage
in a process of self awareness, self challenge
and openness to feedback from others. To be in a position to attend all course weekends.
A willingness to engage in a process of self awareness, self challenge and openness to feedback from others. To be in a position to attend all course weekends.
The Connemara Coast Hotel is 10 minutes from
Application procedure and Payment
Complete the online application form: Apply Online Now. The Course fee is €1450 and may be paid by cheque, bank draft, postal order, direct debit, cash, or Paypal. N.B. Please note that all Fees paid are
non returnable and non transferable.